Tuesday, January 13, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: Track Dept Update

This evening, I repaired six turnout points that popped loose.  I also closed the vent in this room.  It's hot as can be with the gas heat in this room.  I think that is part of the problem.  These seem to be more of an issue during winter time with the gas heat.

My friend Allen and I were talking about the turnouts today.  As many problems as I had with the custom turnouts, they don't hardly seem worth it.  I replied it has been a bittersweet relationship.  Cars and locos running across them are smooth as silk.  The broken points has been a pain.  But, with the long term shortage of turnouts.  What can you really do?  I guess all of them have their own set of issues.

Well, this report was about as entertaining as watching paint dry.  It is what it is.  Another task complete.


No comments:

Post a Comment