Friday, January 16, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: Farm Report

This evening after work, I applied the Doc O'Brien white weathering powder to the sandpaper roads at Franklin Farms.  I believe it turned out pretty good.  I'm anxious to see it after I apply the grass and bushes next.

Looking west at Ottawa Yard / Franklin Farms

The Franklins have a nice view of the mainline from their farm.

The Grain Elevator was on v1.0.  I named it Daniel Grain Company after my dad who passed away five years ago.  I plan on completing the kit and including it on the Franklin Farm scene.  I need to find a way to decal up with Daniel Grain Company, but faded and weathered out.



Here are a few other random photos I took today as well.



Libbey-Owens-Ford


Substation at Peru Power.  The empty spot on the foreground is where the main structure will be located.

Westclox

The scrap pile is growing beside the Ottawa Yard office.

I stopped to snap a photo of a RI Caboose.  Look at all that ROCK in the photo!



2 comments:

  1. Signals dept. bone yard makes a nice track side scene, although an expensive one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! It is what it is though. I'm glad I could find some use for them.

      Delete