Thursday, January 15, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: Throwback Thursday

Following in line with social media hype, here is a Throwback Thursday post of the layout from about a year ago.  It is amazing how far we have come since then.

http://rockislandpacific.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-rock-30-progress-report-011914.html

Now on to other business.

Signal Dept Update:
Signal Maintainer Johnson added resistors to the flashing crossing signals at Putnam St.  Residents are no longer required to wear protective eyewear when crossing the tracks. 

The Farm Report:
Over in Franklin Farms, I started work on the gravel driveway.  I had tried Highball fine limestone in the past but it was still too big for my liking.  

I had read somewhere in the past of using sandpaper.  So, today at lunch I picked up some 60 grit coarse wet/dry sandpaper from Lowe's.  


This evening, I cut it out and glued it to the benchwork.  I will use gray and white Doc O'Brien powders to create a limestone look.  I think it will work, but time will tell.



This was my first scratch built structure I created.  I'm very fond of my little barn.

I'm excited to see Franklin Farms come together.  It was a special place on v1.0 of the layout as well.  







No comments:

Post a Comment