Saturday, February 7, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: Hometown Pics + Scratchbuilding Progress

As I was sorting through photos taken while home in Illinois, I came across a few more that might be of interest to the blog readers.  Here are a few from the old Wabash mainline site (now town park and overlook for the Illinois River) in Meredosia, Illinois.

Overlooking the Illinois River as a tug pushes some empty barges down river.





The old Ex-Wabash Meredosia, Illinois Passenger Station


This evening, I continued working on the LOF sand storage silo structure.  I constructed the next section to the right of the unloading shed as well as started on the end building and head house.  

When testing the structure, I have noticed that I need a little more spacing between the through track and LOF unloading track.  This evening, I pulled up the track and re-positioned it over slightly (about 1/8th of an inch).  I thought I would have to add a piece of track at the end due to the slight shift, but that wasn't the case.  Now, I'm not scraping paint off box cars as they go by the unloading shed.



Photos to come at the end of the weekend.


Tomorrow, I will receive some inspiration operating at my friend Larry's Lehigh & Hudson River Railroad layout.  I've been marked up as the Maybrook Yardmaster for the day.  That will keep me on my toes for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment