Monday, February 23, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: OP Session Preparation

Various updates across the board....

Track Cleaning Update:
This evening, I worked on cleaning the tracks.  Fun stuff?  Not so much, but necessary for a good operating session.  At least my layout is relatively small so it's not too difficult of a task.  It took about an hour and that was taking my time thoroughly cleaning every piece of track on the layout.  We should be good to operate Saturday.


Electronics Update:
I installed the replacement UTP Cab Bus Fascia Panel for the one that was acting flaky by Ottawa Yard.  We are good now.  That is the third one I have replaced in the history of the layout (all three recently).  I guess they just wear out over time.  It's an electronic mystery.

I installed the blue LED to replace the one damaged at the box car sand loading tracks.


Rolling Weed Update:
This evening, I pulled out my box of Scenic Express Super Trees.  I had painted them a light gray quiet a long time ago.  I pulled apart all the useable trees from the batch in preparation to roll some weed* before the week is out.  The layout needs more trees!

*Remember kids, drugs are bad.  Mm'kay!!!




Kitbashing Update:
I'm feeling adventurous this week.  This evening, I played around with some building ideas for the second LOF structure.  I'm thinking something like this.  Flat wall down low a little higher than a box car with dock bay doors for unloading.  Two sets of windows and then a small section of wall above.  This will be the factory that makes the float glass and loads into the 50' box cars.

Here is a mock up of what I want to do.

Mock up with a box car for reference.

A photo of the prototype.  Not quite the same, but to make something with that many windows is just out of the question.  I can't find photos of where they actually loaded the cars as they don't do it anymore.  I believe they probably loaded them inside the factory.  Anywho, this will be my LOF representation on my layout.














No comments:

Post a Comment