Saturday, February 21, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: New Motive Power

Today, was quite the lazy day at our house.  Kids were gone most of the day playing at the neighbor's house.  My wife and I just hung out on the sofa binge watching "Arrow" on Netflix.  I haven't had that slow paced of a day in a long time!

Very late this afternoon and evening, I was somewhat productive.  Thanks to my friend Jan, we have a new Grand Trunk Western GP40-2 in use on the layout.  The package arrived and I immediately installed the decoder and tested.  It runs well!

Here is the new GP40-2 sitting at the locomotive facility at Ottawa Yard.


This evening, I thought about applying more static grass, but decided against it.  I placed the windows back in the L-O-F building (after painting a week or so ago).  I then cleaned up the room and put the skirting back up.  I take it down between sessions.  It drives me bonkers trying to find stuff as I go pulling up each skirt panel like three times and still can't find stuff right in front of my eyes.


Some toys (the Caterpillar Lego front loader) for crews to play with between assignments.

I finally placed all my Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars back in the cabinet.






No comments:

Post a Comment