Thursday, August 20, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: Various Progress Update

This evening, I didn't get much done.  I did receive in the Atlas Code 55 turnout order from MB Klein today.  I removed the crossover from AD1 to AD2 at the east end of Ottawa Yard.  I had Micro Engineering turnouts installed originally, but the point rail would keep slipping out at the heel.  See diagram below for details.



I had fixed it before, but this last time it grew to be a bigger problem affecting operations.  I cut the track and have it in place, but had difficulty getting the Caboose Industries ground throws re-installed.  Honestly, I don't know how they worked before.  It must have been a small miracle.  After screwing around with it for a while, I said forget this.  I went rummaging in my electronics box for a pair of Tortoise switch machines.  I only had one as I forgot I used one on the East Staging yard expansion project a while back.  So, off to the hobby shop in Spencer on Saturday to pick up another one.  I should probably pickup two just in case.  I might need one at Bureau Junction as well.

So, here are photos of the little bit of progress tonight:

Turnouts removed at the AD1/AD2 crossover in East Ottawa Yard.

The rail issue I have been having.  I have tried repairing, but there seems to be too much play preventing it from working properly.  This is a key turnout when working the yard so I need to perform flawlessly.

Later in the evening, I worked on re-staging the layout.  I have all of the cars parked at industries tabbed and ready to go outbound (or for internal transfer between industries).  Next, I need to work on the inbound freight tabs.


No comments:

Post a Comment