Saturday, October 31, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: New Booster

Not a lot of work on the layout as my time was limited today.  I did manage to pick up a new booster and install.  Immediately resolved the issues.  Thinking back, I have had random, crazy issues from this old booster for years (dating back to v1.0 of the layout).  I should have just sent it off to NCE back then.  At this point, I'm done with it.  I purchased the replacement and will send off the old unit for repair.  If it doesn't cost much to repair, I will keep it as a spare or setup a separate programming track with my laptop.

Ahh...the new Command Station smell.

Installed in all of about two minutes.

The old beat up POS booster.

I added some more plaster to the sand dump track to square it off a bit.  Once dry, I will sand it down and add scenery before gluing everything in place.

I squared off the area a bit to give more room to allow the front loader to scoop out sand and drop back into the pit.  I need to create some wood bracing to create a place for the front loader to drive up to the edge of the cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment