Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The ROCK 3.0: Progress? What is that?

Not much progress on the layout lately.  Life has been very busy in our household.  Last night, I made the most significant progress cleaning up the room, putting away tools, storing away excess cars, setup locomotive test track, put away all the tabs that were scattered all over the workbench, and finally finished re-staging the layout.

I'm changing things up this time operating as Second Shift.  It will adjust the train schedules slightly, but for the most part things will be very similar.  I'm also running two unit sand trains.  One east to Blue Island as usual and one west to the Little Rock Division.

Athearn Announcement:
Did you see?  PQ cars coming next year from Athearn!  Wahoo!  I haven't decided how many I will purchase, but it will be at minimum three.  Maybe five or six total would be reasonable.  The logo is and reporting marks stenciling is more modern than my era, but I will take it.  The build date on the cars is good.


Hoping to get some things knocked off my short To Do list, but I know I will have quite a few visitors to the layout in the next five weeks or so.  So, we shall see.  

Tonight, I surveyed the area to make a run around Ottawa Silica Track #1 to access the sand dump tracks.  Currently only two cars can dump sand at a time.  I'm not sure if I should add more trestle to allow three cars to dump excess sand at one time or not.  

Here is the current Project list:
  • Repair North Ottawa Silica Turnout
  • Repair turnout at PQ plus any others with broken points
  • Adjust scale sensor at Ottawa Silica
  • Check programming on locomotives (speed matching) and clean wheels.
  • Install Sand Dump Track
  • Ballast Peoria
  • Install roof on Westclox






2 comments:

  1. Hi Steven,

    Like the way you use "punch lists". Great way to get organized and stay focused on getting the right things done. I need to do more of that myself !

    Cheers,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely helps. Otherwise, I wouldn't ever get anything done.

      Delete