Friday, October 25, 2013

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 10.25.13

Although, last night wasn't the most ideal situation, the results turned out great!  Both turnouts throw with good positive pressure against the stock rails.  Cars float across them with no issues.  Photos of the two turnouts I installed last night.





This morning, I was feeling good.  I tackled laying turnouts again.  I managed to glue down three and install the ground throws before 6:45am!  It went much smoother this morning.  I think it will be ok.  It's simply not as fast as throwing down an Atlas turnout, but that's fine.

To save time on installation, I took the remaining 17 ground throws that I had in stock to work.  During lunch, I assembled all of them.  I went ahead and placed the order for the remaining ground throws as well as a few other random things I need for projects.

Work on the layout was delayed to carve pumpkins with my kids.  A little later, I installed one more turnout as well as two of the sand loading yard tracks (tracks #1 and #2 - numbered up from the aisle).

Photos of tonight's progress (the flex track is still drying - photos will be posted tomorrow).



You'll be seeing a lot more of these roaming the layout soon.












No comments:

Post a Comment