Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The ROCK 3.0: Progress Report 02.25.14

This evening I worked on installing the crossing gates at Mill Street over at Utica.  It required more glue after drilling so those will have to dry some more.  

So I moved my attention back to Ottawa Avenue by LOF.  I installed one tortoise switch machine really easy!  It worked like a charm right from the beginning.  That was a big motivator.  The second tortoise motor install was more difficult requiring numerous adjustments, soldering under the benchwork, burning flesh from the ball of hot solder falling on to my hand, etc..  But in the end (about an hour later I suppose), both crossing gates and lights are functional at Ottawa Avenue.  

Pretty sweet!  I will probably tweak them a little more in hopes of making their operation a little smoother.

No comments:

Post a Comment